Sunday, May 6, 2012

Back To Blogging

This is really a "test" to learn blogging from my iPad. I am still creating & wanted to share with you one of my current projects.



There is a history behind this soon to be smocked dress. It has been such a long time since I have smocked but when my first grandchild was born, I started this for her. She is soon to be 6 years old! It is black & white micro check fabric & the first plan was a Halloween dress, then a Christmas dress & now there will be cute little ladybugs between the two lime green lines of smocking. Should be cute!

I am backsmocking now & will do a practice ladybug before I smock them on the dress because it's been so long since I have picture smocked.

You can't see in this photo but the sleeves are already sewn in, trimmed & pleated ~ ready to be smocked also. I cannot wait to show the finished product & to give it to my third grandchild!

3 comments:

isolada. by design said...

Hi! I hope you're able to figure out how to blog from your iPad because it's so good to see you again, to hear about what you've been creating! You've a second little girl to smock for now so I know the dress will be put to good use. I love the bright lime green. I know it will be adorably when you're finished.

Happy day!

audreypawdrey said...

It is going to be so cute! I am happy that you are blogging again, and I love the lime against the black and white.:)

Elyse said...

YAY! Glad you're back!